What a great month we have had so far! We kicked off with a huge Open Day celebration and unveiled our Win A Car promo! If you are feeling like summer is just around the corner, you are not alone so lets see what is happening this month at Hurstville Aquatic Leisure Centre.
Refer a friend to win a car!
Time is running out for your chance at winning a brand new Toyota Yaris!
Simply refer a friend and when they join you will go in to the draw to win!Hurry offer ends 31st October
Movie Nights are back! Come down for the next movie night at Hurstville Aquatic Leisure Centre this month! Movie nights are a great night out for the family, with activities starting from 5pm including the Jumping castle and pool inflatables
Date: Saturday, 27th October
Time: 5pm Activities, Movie starts Sunset
Movie: Mr Popper’s Penguins
Cost: $5 (Adults & Children)*
*Note: $5 includes only the movie not pool activities
All proceeds from the night will go to the BlueFit Foundation.
More information here.
To purchase your ticket please see reception or call 9585 9600
BlueFit Kids Dance and Self Defense Classes
Open Day Review
Thank you to every one who came down to the centre for the Open Day, was a great day! Check out all the images from the day, including a special appearance by Bluey the Whale!
Your local aquatic centre has its very own facebook page with all the latest information about what is happening at the centre. When you “like” us on facebook you’ll be the first to know everything from Stadium events, to special promotions and offers.
Boot Camp is coming soon to BlueFit! Secure your spot now and register your interest in the program!
Get your beach body ready!
Want some exercises to get your beach body ready for summer? Jan Ruzicka, the Fitness Manager from Lane Cove is teaching you the correct technique for a"Reverse Push Up" to strengthen your arms and "Step Ups" for your legs. Stay tuned for the new series coming soon with more exercise, nutrition and healthy living tips.
A Clean Recipe
Here is a recipe from one of our favourite magazines, Clean Eating! A simple and inexpensive way to eat healthier and smarter!
LOW FAT HOISIN CHICKEN & NOODLES
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine (or use dry sherry)
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 x 250g chicken breast fillets, each cut lengthwise into 4 thin fillets (8 thin fillets total)
- 150g dried egg noodles
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into thin matchsticks
- 200g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 75g baby spinach leaves
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- Mix together hoisin, soy sauce, Chinese rice wine and ginger in a small bowl. Place chicken in a shallow non-metallic dish and coat with half the sauce mixture. Cover and marinate for 10–15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to packet instructions, adding carrot and snow peas in the last minute of cooking. Rinse in cold water and drain well.
- Preheat a chargrill pan to high and spray with oil. Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes each side, until cooked through. Remove and cool slightly before cutting each slice in half.
- Coat noodles, vegetables and baby spinach with remaining marinade and toss to combine. Divide noodles and veg between serving bowls, top with chicken and garnish with green onions.
Clean Eating Magazine, First Published: September 2010
For more information about clean eating magazine visit http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/
If you looking for a venue for an upcoming social event, there are a number of venue hire options available at Hurstville Aquatic Leisure Centre. The Mind and Body room is a great space for corporate training and workshops while the Stadium is the perfect venue for large social events like Birthdays, Weddings and Christmas Parties.
Tell us what is on your mind, good or bad by sending through your feedback
Click here to send your feedback